Check out this scholarship opportunity!
The application for the Science, Mathematics, And Research for Transformation Defense Scholarship for Service Program (SMART) is now open.
The SMART Scholarship for Service Program will pay for all educational expenses for a B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. program, and then provide scholars unique opportunities to work as research scientists or engineers on cutting edge technology in world class Department of Defense facilities.
SMART Scholars receive:
- Full tuition and educational fees
- Generous cash stipend ranging from $25,000 - $38,000 per year
- Paid summer internships, health insurance, and book allowance
- Employment with Department of Defense facilities after graduation
Students pursuing degrees in the following fields are encouraged to apply:
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Cognitive, Neural, and Behavioral Sciences
- Computer and Computational Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Information Sciences
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Operations Research
Basic eligibility requirements are as follows:
- a U.S. citizen at time of application,
- 18 years of age or older as of August 1, 2015,
- able to participate in summer internships at DoD laboratories,
- willing to accept post-graduate employment with the DoD,
- a student in good standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and,
- pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in one of the disciplines listed above
The application is currently available and the deadline to apply is December 15th.
For more information and to apply please visit http://smart.asee.org.